Skip to main content

So this is Christmas ...

It's Christmas Eve, the first without my Dad and brother. Their places at the Christmas table will remain, well, just places.

I'm not home for Christmas this year. Last year was Mom and Dad's turn to visit. I'm cowardly happy that I am not there for this first Christmas without Dad at home. The home he provided, the home he took care of and the home we know. 


I don't know how to be home without him. I don't know how to have grown-up emotions and be strong and deal with this. It's just too hard. 
Oh, I am well aware of the reality, but the reality hurts and feels unfair and being real is just too hard! 

Their silent voices are deafening, their absence a hurtful sight. And somewhere in the middle I try to find the happy memories and the acceptance. 

Life will never be the same.

Dad and Danie, I miss you soooo much. I HATE that you are gone and I find it so hard to let go.

I love you.

A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nu Metro VIP Cavendish Review: Cape Town's Ultimate Luxury Cinema Experience

More Than a Movie: Why Nu Metro VIP at Cavendish Is Worth Every Rand By Annette Havenga WomeninMedia Africa They say cinema is dead. They say we watch movies differently now. They say streaming has replaced the magic of the big screen. They say cinemas are no longer relevant. They are wrong. There are experiences that simply cannot be replicated from the comfort of your couch. The anticipation as the lights dim. The hush that falls over the audience. The immersive sound that surrounds you. The larger-than-life visuals that demand your full attention. And when you add luxury seating, exceptional dining and impeccable service, a night at the movies becomes something far greater than entertainment, it becomes an experience. That is exactly what awaits at Nu Metro VIP at Cavendish Square. If you think all cinemas are the same, you haven't experienced Nu Metro VIP at Cavendish. Reclining leather seats, gourmet dining and blockbuster entertainment combine to create one of Cape Town's...

Die Skaduwee op Mon Trésor - Episode 2 🍷 Die Gif in die Bloedlyn

                                                                            Episode 2                                                                       Die Gif in Die Bloedlyn Die reuk van duur leer en ou wraak hang in Lucian Valois se kantoor soos ’n swaar mis. Lucian staan by die venster en kyk uit oor die liggies van Parys.   Sy gedagtes is duisende kilometers ver, by die rooi grond van die Boland. Hy leef al jare saam met die Dumonts, op die agtergrond, geduldig. Sy wraak gaan uiteindelik vol sirkel bereik met Julian se hulp. Nie Julian of Celine w...

Die Skaduwee op Mon Trésor - Episode 1 🍷 Die Verdrag met die Duiwel

  Episode 1   Die Verdrag met die Duiwel  Die lug in die klein dorpie in die suide van Frankryk was swaar van die reuk van aankomende reën. Marguérite het in die portaal van die antieke klipkerk gestaan.  Die koue het deur die dun sy van haar bruidsrok gesny, maar die ys in haar are het niks met die weer te doen gehad nie. Die ruiker rooi rose was vanoggend afgelewer. In die middel, ’n enkele wit roos. Daar het die fyn diamant ring gepryk. Sy handskrif het sy dadelik herken, selfs na al die jare het die nie verander nie. Die woorde min, maar het swaar op haar hart gerus.  Vir jou Marguérite, my bruid. Dit was nog altyd net jy.   Sy was alleen, sonder haar dogters of haar liefling-kleinseun Henri. Sy het haarself oortuig dit is beter so. Om haar dogters hier te hê, sou beteken om die spieël op te lig waarin sy dertig jaar lank geweier het om te kyk.  Sy het haar blonde bob hare in die spieël van die portaal reggestryk. Sy het ouer geword, ...